Thursday, January 11: 226.5 lbs
Sunday, January 7: 228.5 lbs (-2lbs in 4 days)
Last Thursday, January 4: 230 lbs (-3.5 lbs in 7 days)
Starting weight: 236 lbs.
* Cure hypertension
* Normalize food and eating behaviors
* Heal stomach damaged by lifelong (48 years) eating disorder
* Recover from trauma-related weight issues
* Improve Bipolar 2 and PTSD illness management (both diagnosed in, and in treatment since 1993)
* Attain radiant health
* Enhance spiritual experience
* Accomplish creative, academic, and professional goals
* Increase longevity
* Share the journey!
WHAT I’M DOING
I am doing a 16:8 Intermittent Fasting schedule of 7am-3pm. This means I eat only during those hours, and fast the rest. (Technically I eat my last meal of the day around 2-ish, so that by the time I’m finished eating, it’s 3 o’clock.)
Besides eating and fasting, the next two important things for me are sleeping enough and drinking enough water. I try for 8 hours and 1 gallon, respectively, and while I usually fall short of one or the other, just having the focus and goal creates a structure and routine I find very comforting, and the daily progress of my efforts is good for my self-esteem and motivation to go forward.
WHAT I’M EATING
In the morning (I usually go to sleep around 9pm and wake up around 5 or 6am), I go get 64 oz green smoothie from the fridge then bring it to the bedroom where I am. Then I drink water, and wait 30 minutes for it to digest, also waiting for the green smoothie to warm to a more comfortable chugging temperature.
Then over the course of an hour or so, I drink all the green smoothie.
Then, after 30 minutes digesting time, I have a large meal of:
* Kale salad – large and in its own separate bowl
* A plate of cooked vegetables and a starch (although seeing some YouTube videos of intermittent fasters I’m considering going low-carb, though I don’t think it will be necessary until either my bipolar-related moods react too much to the volume of grains (mostly whole) and sugars (mostly honey and gelatin dessert) or I reach a plateau in my weight loss. And I think I’m a long way from reaching any plateau at this point.
* Sweets of either plain, lowfat yogurt with honey, or bran cereal with unsweetened almondmilk and honey, or gelatin dessert, and/or sweet potato cake/muffin with the cream cheese frosting removed and replaced with honey-sweetened yogurt.
WHAT ABOUT EXERCISE?
Not a goal right now. Twice a week (when I go to therapy) I walk about 40 minutes (to and from the bus), and every day I do housework in a place with stairs, but that’s about it. I’m not prioritizing exercise at the moment, just working on the intermittent fasting regimen.
THIS HERE PARTICULAR BATCH O’ GREEN SMOOTHIE
* Bananas, including inside of the peel, which I scrape and include to benefit my gastritis/acid reflux- prone stomach
THE SALAD (OR RAW VEGETABLE MEAL) IN MY FRIDGE
* Lite salt (half salt, half potassium)
* Onion powder
* Raw organic apple cider vinegar
* Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
* Searching “intermittent fasting” on YouTube
* Google search “no dinner diet”
While searching I happened to see stuff about how intermittent fasting is particularly good for athletes, bodybuilders, and pre-menopausal or menopausal women. So if you identify with any or all of those, that’s exciting to know!